West Side offers the options of paying in full or utilizing a payment plan. If you choose to pay in full, payment is made by the date specified on your Enrollment Intent directly to West Side Montessori. If you choose the payment plan, payments will be deducted from a bank account or by credit card through FACTS. Typically the tuition can be divided into 10 monthly payments.
The WSM Board of Trustees allocates and supports a limited amount of tuition assistance for families who would not be able to join our community without such help. Priority is given to students who are kindergarten and above.
To apply for tuition assistance, use the FACTS online aid application at online.factsmgt.com. You will be guided through the remaining pages. To be considered in the first round of funding, please complete your application prior to March 1. The WSM Tuition Assistance Committee will review the information after your child is accepted at WSM and the tuition deposit is received.
Click here for more information about WSM's Tuition Assistance.
The Scrip Program allows families to “earn” money for tuition by purchasing gift certificates from national and local merchants through Northwest Ohio Scrip Association. The merchants provide a discount percentage that is then applied as a credit toward a family's tuition.
Children in the Little House pay an annual snack fee. The money is used to purchase snacks that are provided in the classroom. The snacks provided are organic (when possible), low-sugar, with no high fructose corn syrup and no artificial colors.
Payment and Refund Policies
- Each family must have an established and current FACTS payment account. All payments must be current for the child to start.
- The tuition deposit and FACTS fees are non-refundable.
- Families who withdraw any child prior to July 1, forfeit the tuition deposit. Additional tuition paid shall be refunded.
- Families who withdraw any child between July 1, and the first day of school forfeit the tuition deposit plus 10% of the remaining tuition.
- In order to assess readiness for school, children who are new to Little House may be withdrawn by November 1, with an obligation to pay only the tuition deposit plus a pro-rated share of the remaining tuition based on the number of days enrolled. Additional tuition paid shall be refunded.
- For children new to West Side Montessori in Children’s House through Middle School levels, there is a six-week orientation and evaluation period. During this time, the child may be withdrawn with an obligation to pay only the tuition deposit plus 20% of the remaining tuition.
- Families with children enrolled in Little House can decrease the number of program days or decrease from full to half day once without financial penalty. Children enrolled in Children’s House programs can decrease from full to half day once without financial penalty. Tuition will be adjusted accordingly. Additional changes in program are charged at $35 per change.
- Families who withdraw a child returning to Little House through middle school levels after the first day of school, but prior to November 1, are obligated to pay the tuition deposit plus 50% of the remaining tuition.
- Families who withdraw a child between November 1 and January 5 are obligated to pay the tuition deposit plus 75% of the remaining tuition.
- Families who withdraw after January 5, are obligated to pay 100% of the annual tuition.
- No tuition adjustments will be made for illness, extended vacations, or gross violations of school policy, nor will the school permit students to decrease the number of program days or decrease from full to half day prior to withdrawal in order to reduce tuition owed. The school complies with federal laws regarding military deployment.