A Busy Week Ahead
This week is a very busy week for the lower elementary program. Please refer to your Friday folder for more details. Here is a quick list of our events.
1. The Lower Elementary Clothing and Fabric Collection runs this week only! Send in old clothes, curtains, blankets, or towels and Keep Toledo Lucas County Beautiful will recycle or reuse the items.
2. It is Right to Read week. Check the Friday folder for day by day fun events. Don’t forget to dress like your favorite character on Monday and to wear jammies on Tuesday. Wed. is wear a t-shirt with lots of words. This week we will encourage students to read, read, and read.
3. The Read to Feed program begins this week. Students will find sponsors who will donate money for their reading. At the end of two weeks, parents will send in the money raised. The third grade Spirit Committee will count the money and make the final decision on which livestock animals will be purchased to help global communities in need. Read to Feed is a Heifer International project.
4. Wednesday is the third grade fieldtrip to the University of Michigan Natural History museum. Students will leave around 9:00 and return close to 2:30. We will travel via bus. If you have not paid for this trip, please do so. Contact the office. Students will need a sack lunch.
5. This week is the Scholastic Book Fair. Head to the library with your child to purchase some books for summer reading.
6. Pizza money is due Monday for the Calamity Day which is Monday, June 9th. Orders should be returned to the office if your child would like pizza.
Thanks for your help!
This entry was posted in Goldfinch. Bookmark the permalink.